Thursday, September 20, 2012

O Tragedy: Measles For My Birthday

My birthday was just that Sunday.
Yes, September 16.

I woke up with stabbing and throbbing muscle pains in the chest, in both ankles, on my back, and on my knuckles. My eyes felt warm and stingy, and it took me around an hour to get up from bed. My limbs had countless red spots on them, and they were kind of itchy. No sooner, I became warm, weak, and dizzy, so I flopped back to bed after breakfast.

I had postponed all the preparations and celebration plans the day before to avoid anything (sadly) special because I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything in this condition anyway.

I would sleep for a few hours, get up from bed to go pee in the toilet, get back to my room, load up with mouthfuls of H2O, check my phone for birthday greetings and get-well-soon's, then sleep again. These were all that I repeatedly did during my 17th birthday.

However, I refused to be sad!

The day before, I was thinking that maybe I'd be able to compose dirges, odes to sorrow and death, and dark poetry for this terrible birthday misfortune, but that Sunday, I'd rather not. Just knowing that I have a great number of friends that didn't forget about me, friends who show concern and empathy... The feeling of being loved pretty much felt like a birthday present to me already :)
Besides, this isn't my first time to get sick on a birthday.


What made me really happy on my birthday, though, was..

Hershey's Cookies & Kreme
Caramel Kreme Crunch


My brother gave me a Krispy Kreme present! ♥ Gaaaah, i LOVE KRISPY KREME @.@

It was a remarkable birthday, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...