Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Usual First Impressions Goths Get

sighs.

Ima write this post because I have finally befriended the people who used to think I'm a weirdo the first time they saw me. ^w^

These days, they were like:
"Minxie, I never expected us to become good friends. I always disliked you for your clothes, and you looked snobbish most of the time..  I mean, you're always clad in black and you got that totally long hair. You WERE so weird. I'm sorry for judging you! You're really nice and friendly after all."

or

"Minxie, we always whispered among ourselves whenever you come by, we go like, 'here's that black chic again'. You got that aura of mystery about you because you seemed quiet, snobbish and girly. Well, I guess you're as crazy and insane as we are right now, not to mention too kind!"

HAHAHA :D

Here are some of the comments I receive whenever I appear in new environments (ranked from most to least) and how I react as I think about it after they tell me so later on:

1) WEIRD/weirdo/strange/odd
- the usual

2) CosPlayer/Anime-freak
- WTF?! NOOOOOO.

3) Emo/depressed/wrist-cutter
- the most annoying, irritating, and unacceptable. usually from ignorant people

4) Satanist/Anti-Christ/Illuminati/Cultist/Occult/Wiccan
- LOOOOL. funny and offensive.

5) Attention-catching/attention-seeking
- secretly offensive  -_-

6) Rebel
- IDK how to react! xD
 
7) "Punk girl"/Rocker
- sounds a bit nice.

8) "chicks" -- a Filipino slang referring to a pretty girl
- highly unacceptable! -_- idk, it's kinda disrespectful to me.

9) Fashion criminal
- i like how it sounds, but when I try to think more about it, I pity the people who said so. It just means they absolutely know NOTHING about fashion :p

10) Annoying
- k fine. haha

11) Someone from The Addams Family/Wednesday Addams
- sounds like an interesting compliment, though I'm aware it's supposed to be an insult.


HAHAHAHA, yes, they might make me laugh at times because they sound amusing and laughable, but deep inside, I know I'm undeniably offended. Well, albeit it hurts a bit, I couldn't help but just understand why they thought of me that way.

So yeah, I know most of us are gonna get judged wherever we go for our unusual tastes, however don't take them really seriously, because YOU, dear, are gonna change the way they think of you. I mean, you HAVE to. You MUST. Would you just allow them to call you:

weird
deranged
creepy
different
dirty
cursed
hideous
the antagonist
a geek
unpleasant
the misunderstood one
an Emo
spooky
a loner
the Halloween girl/guy
Illuminati
a Sith
a slut in disguise
rebellious
possessed
unusual
shocking
a zombie
a misfit
a street rat
a Satanist
a retard
attention-seeking
UGLY
suicidal
scary
awkward
a witch
demented
mystical
Anti-Christ
annoying
bad-mood-causing
horrible
depressed
disgusting
a freak
strange
unreliable
evil
a cultist
unattended
friendless
odd
a Wiccan

 or even yet...

... a demon? O.o



You wouldn't want that, would you?
EXACTLY why you should do something now to give yourself a good image. Wouldn't it sound so pleasant when someone says,

I have a Goth classmate in school, and I like him 'cause he's so nice/kind/helpful and creative!
or
There's this Goth in Biology class and she's so amusing!
or
I'm sorry I thought of you that way. Goths aren't so bad after all.
or
There was this Goth in dance practice, and boy was she so good.
or
Our Goth group mate in Psychology did so well in our reporting! He actually saved us!

?

SEEEEE? ^w^

I'm NOT saying that you should try to win a lot of praises and admiration, nor am I saying that you should give a f*ck about what others think of you. My point is that you should find some ways in order to change the sad way people think not just about YOU but also about Goths in general. Why stick to being told negative stuff when it's totally possible for you to receive positive comments though not immediately? ;3

You can read # 3 in my post "Goths Tend To Get Bullied" for more ideas. :3

Stay positive, everyone! :*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...