Sunday, August 25, 2013

Poem Post: "Peaceful Insanity"

Wrote this on a dreary, stormy night. Auditioned it to join in a workshop, and yes I got in.

Peaceful Insanity
MINXIE

source: Google Images

A flash of a very bright, blinding light
Broke through the gloomy skies with might,
As I pleasantly smiled while awaiting
The deafening roar that follows the lightning.

Oh, such thrilling horrid scream of the sky,
Seeping through the gateways of my soul;
My crushed heart squeezing out its earnest cry;
Black matter devouring me as it crawls.

The darkness of the chaotic eventide
Comforted me with unexplainable pride.
Why the sorrow? Why the pain?
Why is hope always found in vain?

The heavy rain fell down like knives and nails
Its sound slashed through frightened ears,
But it went in perfectly for me,
As I unleashed all the hollowness I keep.

This unpleasant atmosphere scares almost all,
But I find imaginary & comforting claws scratching the walls
A scarier and stronger lightning breaks away,
But the storm never placed my peculiar peace in disarray.


Please credit me, by the way, if you wanna copy all or a part of the poem. Thanks. :3

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...